Due to the impacts of COVID-19, our race will offer both an in-person option as well as a virtual event for 2021. Details and the link to sign up can be found below.
The in-person 5k will be held on Saturday May 22, 2021 at 10:00 am. The in-person event will be limited to 100 Participants on Site due to Covid Restrictions – Race will start and finish at the Bacon Hill Church 560 Route 32 N Schuylerville NY 12871. Masks are required whenever within 6 feet of another person (including during the race).
The staggered start will include significant spacing and allow up to 6 people to start every 10 seconds. There will be music and energy for a fun race atmosphere. Everyone needs to have a mask with them at all times. It must be used whenever you are within 6 feet of another person, even while racing. (It may be lowered if no one is that close to you.) Check website and emails for more details.
- Cost is $30 per runner through April 30th, and then will increase to $35.
- Registration will be open April 1st – May 20th
- Registration includes a t-shirt. T-shirts will be guaranteed if you sign up before May 10th.
- The in-person event is a USATF sanctioned 5K and is part of the USATF ADK 2021 Grand Prix.
- Awards for top three females and males will be sent in the mail. There will be no awards ceremony this year.
- The COVID restrictions in place are ever-changing as new “best practice” guidelines are published. We will make every effort to keep participants up-to-date as possible given the fluidity of the situation. Expect an email within 48 hours of the start of the race outlining the most up-to-date rules. Currently, we are promoting a “contactless” event where packet pick-up is done drive-thru style, there are no in-person awards given, and food is take-away.
The virtual race (1 Mile, 5K or 10K) is open for you to run at your preferred date, location and time between Saturday May 22nd – Monday May 31st. We hope you will get out and walk or run! Virtual runners will receive a race bib (for all races including the fun run) and a shirt for participation in the 1 Mile Run/Walk, 5K and 10K options. (The shirt is not included in the registration price of the kids fun run.) Send pictures of your virtual race to our facebook page. If you would like, you can submit results via text message to RunSignup.
- Cost is $25 per runner. T-shirts are guaranteed if you sign up before May 10th.
- Registration for the virtual run will be open April 1st through May 31st.
- The 1 mile Fun Run is $5 per participant. Please note: the kid’s fun run registration does not include a t-shirt.
Registration is available on runsignup.com or via mail.
- We will be hosting a drive-thru packet/t-shirt pick-up Friday May 21st at the Bacon Hill Church from 5 – 6:30 pm.
- If you are participating in the in-person event, we highly encourage you to pick up your packet the night before to help with social distancing measures!
- If you do not want to come to the drive-thru packet pickup or live out of the area, we will ship you a t-shirt, you just have to pay for the postage!
Registration is now open!
Online Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Schuylerville/BaconHillBonanza5k10k